I've gotten really good feedback about the calendar, so I'm going to go ahead and say that this plan is a go. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out the previous post.
In order for the calendar to be ready for Christmas, we're going to have a cut off deadline at November 30th. Please, if you can, have your pieces in before then, as I'd like to get started on layout right away.
Here's the details for submissions:
1. Submissions for the full page of the calendar should fit 11 x 8.5 inches (27.94 cm x 20.32). (Note that this layout is horizontal, please!)
2. Other artwork can be submitted for small illustrations in the calendar section, to be used as overlays and stuff, or to decorate holidays. There is no size requirement for these!
3. Art doesn't need to be created for this, feel free to submit old work as long as you own the copyright for it!
4. Please send hi-res versions to my email, daestwen at gmail. Please make sure they are at *least* 150 dpi for the printing size - 300 dpi is better, but I understand if old work doesn't fit this requirement. File format can be jpeg, png, tiff or psd - please no pdfs, as I can't edit them to put them in the layout. You may also post the work here on the blog (even it is old) so people have a good idea what might be in it!
5. Nearing the deadline, I'll make a post with thumbnails of everything that is going in it. If there are lots of entries, I might open it up for a vote, but we'll see how much work we get.
6. Have fun, and pass the word!
edit: When submitting, please let me know what months you're interested in having your work show up, and why! Example reasons: "My birthday is in December so that would be the best month" or "My piece is winter themed, so Dec, Jan or Feb would be best".